NATIONAL DIPLOMA EDU CARE
If you enjoy working with children and shaping young minds, then this should be a suitable career for you. If you have a passion for children’s education and psychology and are excited about creating interesting, stimulating fun activities for children, then this qualification is just the right one for you This qualification will equip successful candidates to facilitate the all-round development of young children in a manner that is sensitive to culture and individual needs (including special needs) and enable them to provide quality early childhood development.
With this qualification, successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Edu-care practitioner
- Play group practitioner
- Manage an Early Childhood Development Establishment
- Starting and managing you own Early Childhood Development Establishment
- Au pair
Course Outline and Subjects
National N4 Certificate
1st Year 1st Semester Subjects
- Day Care Personnel Development N4
- Education N4
- Child Health N4
- Intro. Marketing N4
National N5 Certificate
- Entrepreneurship & Business Management N4
- Intro. Comp. Practice N4
- Educare Didactics – Theory & Practical N5
- Day Care Communication N6
National N6 Certificate
2nd Year 2nd Semester Subjects
- Entrepreneurship & Business Management N5
- Educare Didactics – Theory & Practical N6
- Day Care Management N6
- Educational Psychology N6
A National Senior Certificate /Senior Certificate or an equivalent qualification.
All textbooks and are excluded in the tuition fees. A list of textbooks will be provided by your campus academic department.
All examinations are National Examinations, set and administered by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- Certificates and diploma are issued by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- All qualifications are nationally recognised by industry and universities.
Upon successful completion of this programme, learners will receive a:
- National Certificate at each level N4, N5, N6
- National N Diploma in Educare (on completion of N4-N6 and 18 months in-service training)
A candidate who has successfully completed the N4, N5 and N6 Certificates, may pursue the following path in order to obtain the National N Diploma, as per Report 191 by the DHET. The candidate must have:
- A minimum of 12 advanced instructional offerings, with at least a pass in four instructional offerings in each of the following levels: N4, N5 and N6.
- 2 instructional offerings at N6 level must be relevant to the candidate’s vocation.
- The candidate must obtain work experience of two years in industry that has as its main function the practical execution Of the 2 instructional offerings mentioned above.
- At the end of this period, the candidate is required to produce documentary proof to the DHET (a logbook which has to be completed by the employer, stating KPAs and date of employment period) of applicable experience.
- Candidate must present the N4, N5 and N6 certificate, together with above letter from employer, to the DHET to apply for the National N Diploma.