NATIONAL DIPLOMA BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Many students choose Business Management as a career path because it is flexible and informative in every aspect of Business. Small businesses are designed to exploit the unique set of skills, knowledge, and ideas of their owners to sell products and services. Education and work experience vary greatly from one entrepreneur to another, and different types of businesses require different sets of skills and expertise to succeed. The primary benefit of studying Business Management is that it can equip entrepreneurs with essential business skills and knowledge. Studying business management can improve a business owner’s ability to analyse data, improve financial decisions and make better business decisions for the future.
With this qualification, successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Public Relations Officer
- Marketing Assistant
- Data Analyst
- Sales Manager
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N4
- Financial Accounting N4
- Management Communication N4
- Computer Practice N4
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N5
- Financial Accounting N5
- Sales Management N5
- Computer Practice N5
National N6 certificate
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N6
- Financial Accounting N6
- Management Communication N6
- Management Communication N6
TYPE OF PROGRAMME
- Full Time: Minimum 18 Months
- In-Service Training: 18 months
National Senior Certificate / Grade 12/ N3 Certificate/ NCV Level 4 Certificate/ ABET Level 4 Certificate.
Registering for this course and successfully completing N4 and N5 will allow students to obtain credits for articulation to most Universities of Technology (UOTs) with a proviso that you obtain at least 50% in each subject.
All textbooks and other required manuals are excluded from the tuition fees. A list of textbooks will be provided by
your campus academic department.
All examinations are National Examinations, set and administered by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- Certificates and Diploma are issued by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- All qualifications are nationally recognised by industry and universities.
Upon successful completion of this programme, learners will receive a:
- National Certificate at each level N4, N5, N6
- National N Diploma in Business Management (on completion of N4-N6 and 18 months in-service training)
A candidate who has successfully completed the N4, N5 and N6 Certificates, may pursue the following path to obtain
the National N Diploma, as per Report 191 by the DHET. The candidate must have:
- A minimum of 12 advanced instructional offerings, with at least a pass in three instructional offerings in each of the
following levels: N4, N5 and N6, but with a maximum of five N4 instructional offerings.
- 2 instructional offerings at N6 level must be relevant to the candidate’s vocation.
- The candidate must obtain work experience of two years in industry that has as its main function the practical execution of the 2 instructional offerings mentioned above.
- At the end of this period, the candidate is required to produce documentary proof to the DHET (letter from employer, stating KPAs and date of employment period) of applicable experience.
- Candidate must present the N4, N5 and N6 certificate, together with above letter from employer, to the DHET to apply for the National N Diploma.