Marketing is considered the heart and soul of most businesses, since nearly every type of business or industry utilises marketing professionals in some way. Marketers directly impact the success of a business from analysis of markets and consumers to advertising and selling of products, branding, communications, marketing research, consulting, and digital marketing, to name but a few. Marketers work in a variety of industries and sectors including retail, manufacturing, financial and public services, leisure, and tourism, fast moving consumer goods, advertising etc.
With this qualification, successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Market Researcher
- Sales assistant
- Stock controller
- Customer Service Manager
- Public Relations Officer
SUBJECTS AND OUTLINE
National Certificate N4:
- Financial Accounting N4
- Marketing Management N4
- Entrepreneurship & Business Management N4
- Management Communication N4
National Certificate N5:
- Marketing Management N5
- Sales Management N5
- Public Relations N5
- Computerised Financial Systems N4
National Certificate N6:
- Marketing Management N6
- Marketing Research N6
- Sales Management N6
- Marketing Communication N6
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
- Full Time: Minimum 18 months
- In-Service Training: 18 Months
National Senior Certificate / Grade 12 / N3 Certificate / NCV Level 4 Certificate / ABET (Adult Based Education and Training) Level 4 Certificate.
Registering for this course and successfully completing N4 and N5 will allow students to obtain credits for articulation to most Universities of Technology (UOTs) with a proviso that you obtain at least 50% in each subject.
All textbooks and other required manuals are excluded from the tuition fees. A list of textbooks will be provided by your campus academic department.
All examinations are National Examinations, set and administered by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- Certificates and Diploma are issued by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- All qualifications are nationally recognised by industry and universities.
- Upon successful completion of this programme, learners will receive a:
- National Certificate at each level N4, N5, N6
- National N Diploma in Marketing Management (on completion of N4-N6 and 18 months in-service training)
A candidate who has successfully completed the N4, N5 and N6 Certificates, may pursue the following path to obtain the National N Diploma, as per Report 191 by the DHET. The candidate must have:
- A minimum of 12 advanced instructional offerings, with at least a pass in three instructional offerings in each of the following levels:
- N4, N5 and N6, but with a maximum of five N4 instructional offerings.
- 2 instructional offerings at N6 level must be relevant to the candidate’s vocation.
- The candidate must obtain work experience of 18 months in an industry that has as its main function the practical execution of the 2 instructional offerings mentioned above.
- At the end of this period, the candidate is required to produce documentary proof to the DHET (letter from employer, stating KPAs and date of employment period) of applicable experience.
- Candidate must present the N4, N5 and N6 certificate, together with above letter from employer, to the DHET to apply for the National N Diploma.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 126 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes