The Public Management Programme will prepare you for a variety of public service positions. It offers a variety of general management skills. This programme teaches you how to apply these skills to the management of non-profit or governmental organisations. Public Management is the study of government, its structures, processes and functions and the way society are managed. Public Management focuses on government and private administration and is based on the idea that private and public management are similar. The course content is based on local reality in a global context, incorporating experiential training and is packaged to meet the developmental imperatives of a changing society.
With this qualification, successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Admin Assistant
- Public Affairs Researcher
- Local Government Officer
- Public Relations Assistant
National Certificate N4:
- Entrepreneurship & Business Management N4
- Computer Practice N4
- Public Administration N4
- Management Communication N4
National Certificate N5:
- Public Relations N5
- Public Administration N5
- Public Finance N5
- Municipal Administration N5
National Certificate N6:
- Public Law N6
- Public Administration N6
- Public Finance N6
- Municipal Administration N6
TYPE OF PROGRAMME
- Full Time: Minimum 18 Months
- In-Service Training: 18 Months
National Senior Certificate / Grade 12/ N3 Certificate/ NCV Level 4 Certificate/ ABET Level 4 Certificate.
Registering for this course and successfully completing N4 and N5 will allow students to obtain credits for articulation to most Universities of Technology (UOTs) with a provision that you obtain at least 50% in each subject.
All textbooks and other required manuals are excluded from the tuition fees. A list of textbooks will be provided by your campus academic department.
All examinations are National Examinations, set and administered by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- Certificates and diploma are issued by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- All qualifications are nationally recognised by industry and universities.
- Upon successful completion of this programme, learners will receive a:
- National Certificate at each level N4, N5, N6
- National N Diploma in Public Management (on completion of N4-N6 and 18 months in-service training)
A candidate who has successfully completed the N4, N5 and N6 Certificates, may pursue the following path in order to obtain the National N Diploma, as per Report 191 by the DHET. The candidate must have:
- A minimum of 12 advanced instructional offerings, with at least a pass in three instructional offerings in each of the following levels: N4, N5 and N6, but with a maximum of five N4 instructional offerings.
- 2 instructional offerings at N6 level must be relevant to the candidate’s vocation.
- The candidate must obtain work experience of 18 months in industry that has as its main function the practical execution of the 2 instructional offerings mentioned above.
- At the end of this period, the candidate is required to produce documentary proof to the DHET (letter from employer,
stating KPAs and date of employment period) of applicable experience.
- Candidate must present the N4, N5 and N6 certificate, together with above letter from employer, to the DHET to apply for the National N Diploma.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 126 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes