NATIONAL DIPLOMA FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
Financial Management is one of the most popular and sought-after careers in the corporate and business world. Financial Management involves the effective and efficient utilisation of the financial resources of a company. Companies are constantly looking for people with financial and numeracy skills. You will be responsible for managing the financial resources of an organisation, recording of all financial and business transactions, preparing financial reports for senior management etc.
With this qualification, successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Assistant to cost accountant
- Accounting technician
- Accountant for a small firm
- Payroll administrator.
- Financial Accounting N4
- Computerised Financial Systems N4
- Entrepreneurship & Business. Management N4
- Management Communication N4
- Financial Accounting N5
- Computerised Financial Systems N5
- Entrepreneurship & Business. Management N5
- Cost and Management Accounting N5
- Financial Accounting N6
- Computerised Financial Systems N6
- Entrepreneurship & Business. Management N6
- Cost and Management Accounting N6
TYPE OF PROGRAMME
- Full Time: Minimum 18 Months
- In-Service Training: 18 Months
A National Senior Certificate/ Senior Certificate or an equivalent NQF 4
All textbooks and Lab manuals are excluded in the tuition fees. A list of textbooks will be provided by your campus academic department.
All examinations are National Examinations, set and administered by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- Certificates and diploma are issued by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- All qualifications are nationally recognised by industry and universities.
Upon successful completion of this programme, learners will receive a:
- National Certificate at each level N4, N5, N6
- National N Diploma in Financial Management (on completion of N4-N6 and 18 months in-service training)
A candidate who has successfully completed the N4, N5 and N6 Certificates, may pursue the following path in order to obtain
the National N Diploma, as per Report 191 by the DHET. The candidate must have:
- A minimum of 12 advanced instructional offerings, with at least a pass in four instructional offerings in each of the following levels: N4, N5 and N6.
- 2 instructional offerings at N6 level must be relevant to the candidate’s vocation.
- The candidate must obtain work experience of two years in industry that has as its main function the practical execution of the 2 instructional offerings mentioned above.
- At the end of this period, the candidate is required to produce documentary proof to the DHET (a logbook which has to be completed by the employer, stating KPAs and date of employment period) of applicable experience.
- Candidate must present the N4, N5 and N6 certificate, together with above letter from employer, to the DHET to apply for the National N Diploma.