NATIONAL DIPLOMA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Human Resource Management is the function within an organisation that focuses on recruitment of, management of, and providing direction for the people who work in the organisation. Human Resource Management is also a strategic and comprehensive approach to managing people and the workplace culture and environment. Effective Human Resource Management enables employees to contribute effectively and productively to the overall company direction and the accomplishment of the organisation’s goals and objectives.
With this qualification, successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Payroll Assistant
- Human Resource Administrator
- Training and development officer
- Employment relations Officer/ Recruitment officer
- Induction Officer (new staff liaison)
- HR Manager
SUBJECTS AND OUTLINE
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N4\
- Personnel Management N4
- Management Communication N4
- Computer Practice N4
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management or Computer PracticeN5
- Personnel Management N5
- Personal Training N5
- Labour Relations N5
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management or Computer PracticeN6
- Personnel Management N6
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N6
- Labour Relations N6
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
- Full Time: Minimum 18 Months
- In-Service Training: 18 Months
National Senior Certificate / Grade 12/ N3 Certificate/ NCV Level 4 Certificate/ ABET Level 4 Certificate.
Registering for this course and successfully completing N4 and N5 will allow students to obtain credits for articulation to most Universities of Technology (UOTs) with a provision that you obtain at least 50% in each subject.
All textbooks and other required manuals are excluded from the tuition fees. A list of textbooks will be provided by your campus academic department.
All examinations are National Examinations, set and administered by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- Certificates and Diploma are issued by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- All qualifications are nationally recognised by industry and universities.
- Upon successful completion of this programme, learners will receive a:
- National Certificate at each level N4, N5, N6
- National N Diploma in Human Resource Management (on completion of N4-N6 and 18 months in-service training)
A candidate who has successfully completed the N4, N5 and N6 Certificates, may pursue the following path to obtain the National N Diploma, as per Report 191 by the DHET. The candidate must have:
- A minimum of 12 advanced instructional offerings, with at least a pass in three instructional offerings in each of the following levels: N4, N5 and N6, but with a maximum of five N4 instructional offerings.
- 2 instructional offerings at N6 level must be relevant to the candidate’s vocation.
- The candidate must obtain work experience of 18 months in industry that has as its main function the practical execution of the 2 instructional offerings mentioned above.
- At the end of this period, the candidate is required to produce documentary proof to the DHET (letter from employer, stating KPAs and date of employment period) of applicable experience.
- Candidate must present the N4, N5 and N6 certificate, together with above letter from employer, to the DHET to apply for the National N Diploma.