DIPLOMA MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
The purpose of this course is to equip you with knowledge and skills for successful entry into the secretarial field in any industry sector. The curriculum will provide an in-dept, knowledge of business related and secretarial skills. The programme combines theoretical learning with practical skills to ensure secretarial and general office management competencies in all industries.
With this qualification, successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Executive Assistant
- Private Secretary
- Office Manager
- Front Desk Reception
- Senior Administrative Clerk.
- Office Practice N4
- Communication N4
- Information Processing N4
- Computer Practice N4
- Office Practice N5
- Communication N5
- Information Processing N5
- Public Relations N5
- Office Practice N6
- Communication N6
- Information Processing N6
- Public Relations N6
TYPE OF PROGRAMME
- Full Time: Minimum 18 Months
- In-Service Training: 18 Months
A National Senior Certificate / Senior Certificate/ NCV Level 4 Certificate/ ABET Level 4 Certificate.
All textbooks and Lab manuals are excluded in the tuition fees. A list of textbooks will be provided by your campus
All examinations are National Examinations, set and administered by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- Certificates and diploma are issued by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- All qualifications are nationally recognised by industry and universities.
- Upon successful completion of this programme, learners will receive a:
- National Certificate at each level N4, N5, N6
- National N Diploma in Management Assistant (on completion of N4-N6 and 18 months in-service training)
A candidate who has successfully completed the N4, N5 and N6 Certificates, may pursue the following path to obtain the National N Diploma, as per Report 191 by the DHET. The candidate must have:
- A minimum of 12 advanced instructional offerings, with at least a pass in four instructional offerings in each of the following levels: N4, N5 and N6.
- 2 instructional offerings at N6 level must be relevant to the candidate’s vocation.
- The candidate must obtain work experience of 18 months in industry that has as its main function the practical execution of the 2 instructional offerings mentioned above.
- At the end of this period, the candidate is required to produce documentary proof to the DHET (a logbook which has to be completed by the employer, stating KPAs and date of employment period) of applicable experience.
- Candidate must present the N4, N5 and N6 certificate, together with above logbook from employer, to the DHET to apply for the National N Diploma.