NATIONAL DIPLOMA MARKETING MANAGEMENT
Marketing is considered the soul and art of most businesses, since nearly every type of business or industry utilises marketing professionals in some way. Marketers directly impact the success of a business for example from analysis of markets and consumers to advertising and selling of products, branding, communications, marketing research, consulting, and digital marketing, to name but a few. Marketers work in a variety of industries and sectors including retail, manufacturing, financial and public services, leisure, and tourism, fast moving consumer goods, advertising and so on.
With this qualification, successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Market Researcher
- Sales assistant
- Stock controller
- Customer Service Manager
- Public Relations Officer
SUBJECTS AND OUTLINE
- Marketing Management N4
- Management Communication N4
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N4
- Computer Practice N4
- Marketing Management N5
- Sales Management N5
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N5
- Computer Practice N5
- Marketing Management N6
- Sales Management N6
- Marketing ResearchN6
- Marketing CommunicationN6
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
- Full Time: Minimum 18 months
- In-Service Training: 18 Months
National Senior Certificate / Grade 12/ N3 Certificate/ NCV Level 4 Certificate/ ABET Level 4 Certificate.
Registering for this course and successfully completing N4 and N5 will allow students to obtain credits for articulation to most Universities of Technology (UOTs) with a proviso that you obtain at least 50% in each subject.
All textbooks and other required manuals are excluded from the tuition fees. A list of textbooks will be provided by your campus academic department.
All examinations are National Examinations, set and administered by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- Certificates and Diploma are issued by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- All qualifications are nationally recognised by industry and universities.
- Upon successful completion of this programme, learners will receive a:
- National Certificate at each level N4, N5, N6
- National N Diploma in Marketing Management (on completion of N4-N6 and 18 months in-service training)
A candidate who has successfully completed the N4, N5 and N6 Certificates, may pursue the following path to obtain
the National N Diploma, as per Report 191 by the DHET. The candidate must have:
- A minimum of 12 advanced instructional offerings, with at least a pass in three instructional offerings in each of the following levels:
- N4, N5 and N6, but with a maximum of five N4 instructional offerings.
- 2 instructional offerings at N6 level must be relevant to the candidate’s vocation.
- The candidate must obtain work experience of 18 months in an industry that has as its main function the practical execution of the 2 instructional offerings mentioned above.
- At the end of this period, the candidate is required to produce documentary proof to the DHET (letter from employer, stating KPAs and date of employment period) of applicable experience.
- Candidate must present the N4, N5 and N6 certificate, together with above letter from employer, to the DHET to apply for the National N Diploma.